Tuesday 9 February 2010

Knitting Milestone and Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies

Hurray!! At last I've finished knitting the jacket I have been making for myself. It's many years since I made anything for myself.



I now have to:

  • sew it up
  • wash it so that it drapes well
  • block it so the pleats are crisp
  • Make an icord for a button loop and find and attach a statement button.

The pattern was quite challenging. You start off by knitting a narrow band that goes up the centre back and then pick up stitches either side and knit sideways the back, the front and finishing with the sleeves. You then have to pick up stitches along the bottom to knit the peplum.


It will be a few days until it is finished, but hopefully it will look like this when it's done - but mauve, not green!


The kit to make this is by Hanne Falkenberg. I love her designs and hopefully, when I've got through my current 'to knit' list I shall make another one.

To celebrate I made a batch of cranberry and white chocolate cookies and invited a friend for a cup of tea. These cookies are a variation of the pistachio and almond cookies I made the other day.



You need -

  • 3 oz butter
  • 3 ox brown sugar
  • 3oz white sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • pinch of salt
  • 6oz SR flour
  • 3oz white chocolate chunks
  • 3oz dried cranberries

Zizz sugars, butter and essence. Zizz in egg. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in flour and salt. Fold in white chocolate and cranberries.

Drop spoonfuls on to a baking tray and bake at 180 for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven when they are golden brown.

Cool and store in an airtight tin.

If you don't have a food processor you can cream the butter, sugar and essence in a bowl.








































No comments:

Post a Comment