Sunday 18 November 2012

An addition and a Sockfest

Firstly I have to tell you about an wonderful addition we have welcomed to our family! She arrived in the post, somewhat wearied by her journey from France and her name is Mademoiselle Jardin du Printemps. Mademoiselle was made for me by the lovely Stephanie with a delightful blog, Millefeuilles. Do pop over and say hello and look at all her other lovely Mademoiselles on her etsy shop. Stephanie is a very accomplished needlewoman. Mademoiselle is adorned with beautiful embroidery on her ear and her ankle.

After her long and tiring journey she needed a reviving glass of rouge but she was much happier and more relaxed after she had finished it!

 
 
Come the summer she is anxious to go up to the summer house but for the moment she is happy to be with us in the house.
 


Recently I've had a lot of fun knitting socks - they're great for transforming my icy toes into cosy toes. I started off quite a while ago with this pair in a dusty pink -


The next pair are Roger socks that are knitted in Drops Fabel......


.......and lastly I have made these strawbs socks by coopknits   that turned out to be easier than they look. I do like a challenge!


I'm sorry the photos are net so good but the light was horrid and I dashed outside in a few moments of hazy sunshine.

6 comments:

  1. I'm smiling from ear to ear now! I think, if we ever get together, there will be a lot of laughter.

    Those socks are amazing! My heart is dancing a jig at the thought of strawberry socks. Sigh of contentment.

    Keep in touch and as I've written before,I'm so glad you have a blog now.

    A bientĂ´t,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks were a delight to knit - I always love learning new techniques! Sue X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stephanie's work - Mademoiselle looks absolutely gorgeous.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog about the Christmas hangers. I wasn't going to put them on etsy as I've a fair at the weekend and a new venture next week hopefully! I have however ordered more hangers to make another batch so if you want to place an order let me know and I'll pop them on etsy for you next week. They are £3.50 each plus whatever postage is. I only charge actual cost.
    thanks
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again!
    The red and white hangers have been really popular but I've topped them up and can do a custom listing on etsy if that would suit you? Let me know and I'll pop them on 4 for £14 plus £2.20 postage.
    Thanks
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue
    Listed on etsy for you now!
    Best wishes
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete